10 Amazing First Dance Songs
The first dance at your wedding is a beautiful moment. It can really set the tone for your whole reception and make for some amazing memories and photographs. If you already have a special song in mind, fantastic! We know lots of couples have songs that are special to the two of them, but if you're having a little trouble filling up your wedding playlist or finding the first song for your first dance then we have 10 amazing songs to get you started!
- XO- cover by John Mayer: Any Beyonce Fan will appreciate this beautiful cover of XO by John Mayer. It's a perfect way to play the song as a first dance because it's a little lighter and slow dance friendly.
- You're The Reason I Come Home- Ron Pope: Here's a little secret, the first time I heard this song I knew it would be the first song at my own wedding, so naturally I had to share it with you. Until my special day I hope one of you will use it to celebrate your own special day.
- Heart's on Fire- Passenger: I think this song would be beautiful for a first dance. It's absolutely beautiful and very sweet. It would be really easy to dance to and a very loving and perfect moment during a reception.
- Latch (Acoustic Version)- Sam Smith: I don't think you could go wrong with Latch. The lyrics are stunning and so meaningful.
- Until You- Dave Barnes: There is a much slower version of this that's available that would probably be a little more fitting for a first dance but again, the lyrics alone are perfect. The original version would still be a great song for a faster, more upbeat first song.
- Fix You-Coldplay: Fix you is yet another beautiful, sweet song that is perfect for a first dance.
- Paperweight- Joshua Radin & Schuyler Fisk: This song is a little on the shorter side but it's very special, which is great if you're the kind of couple that doesn't want to be alone on the floor together too long.
- Like A Star- Corinne Bailey Rae: If you're looking for something with a little more soul, Corinne Bailey Rae is a great pick, I could see this being played at a summer wedding at night with bare feet.
- Tenerife Sea- Ed Sheeran: Tenerife Sea could not be more perfect for a first wedding dance. It was like it was written specifically for that. I think this is also a great pick for background music in your wedding video.
- Only Love- Ben Howard: If you're looking for a more folksy, raw acoustic sound that's really unique, Only love is a fantastic song. It has a definite vibe so it's not for everyone, but if you're the right bride this might be the perfect song for your reception.