Ditching the Diet: Why You Should Have Your Cake AND Eat It Too!
Brides face a lot of pressure from the moment they scream "yes!" at their proposal. Planning, budgeting, phone calls, endless choices, it's enough to make anyone crazy. Perhaps one of the biggest stresses brides face is worrying about their weight, all brides want to look their best and most beautiful on their wedding day, and guess what? You Will. We absolutely promise. Here are our top five reasons why you might just want to consider hopping off the scale for your wedding day.
- It's Simply Not The Most Important Thing: Your wedding is about the love you found with your best friend. You have enough on your plate planning a wedding as it is without the added pressure to loose weight in top of it. Focus on making this day special for you and your loved ones, maybe that means splurging on something specific like the photographer or the cake or the location, maybe even all of the above! No one is going to remember that you lost ten pounds for your wedding, but they might just remember how great the music was or how perfect your first dance was. This is the time to take care of yourself and treat yourself well! Instead of choosing now to invest in weight watchers or a crazy DVD workout system, put that money into your special day or your honeymoon! Or do something really nice for yourself liking having a spa day with a girlfriend.
- Crash Diets Aren't The Smart Way To Loose Weight: A crash diet may give you results quickly but they aren't going to last forever, in the end you're loosing water weight and it's going to come back just as quickly as they went away. As we all know the proper way to loose weight is by healthy diet and exercise. So avoid the crazy crash test diets and turn to healthy methods of weight loss or just continue whatever your normal workout routine would be.
- You're already hot: We know you are. There are no exceptions. One of the best things that I hear every bride say when they come into Ghinda for a custom gown is, "I want to look like me." And you should look like you! Everyone there loves you for who and what you are. You should look like your best version of you on your wedding day, there's no need to hide behind a mask of makeup, or wear six inch heels you would never dream of wearing in real life, so why make yourself crazy trying to push yourself into a body that isn't your own? We're not telling you to gain weight, we're not telling you to lose it either, we're telling to you live the healthy lifestyle that lead to you being the beautiful person that you already are!
- You Might End Up Having Dress Issues: Ordering your gown a size or two smaller might seem like a great motivator to get into your ideal wedding gown, but it's a lot of pressure, and stress itself can lead to weight gain. You don't want to run into issues close to your wedding day by having to have your dress taken in or let out last minute. This is just going to give you another thing to worry about. Take the pressure off allow for yourself to be a comfortable, beautiful, happy bride.
- HE LOVES YOU ANYWAY: AND SO SHOULD YOU! This is the man that has gotten down on one knee in preparation to love you for better or worse, through sickness and in health. He loves you now as you are, without any need for change, only hoping for a lifetime of happiness and growth for the both of you. Your fiancé could care less if you dropped a few pounds before the big day, if anything he just wants you to be happy and excited to start the next chapter with him.