The Ghinda Team Shares Our New Years Resolutions With You
Hello Beauties! Happy New Year! With the start of 2015 coming right around the corner, it's a great time to reflect and think about what your goals are for the coming year. I had the pleasure of asking the members of our wonderful Ghinda Team what their goals are for the new year, and now I'm here to share them with you!
When I caught up with our very own Jen about what her new years resolutions were, they were sweet, simple and to the point. Here's what she's hoping to accomplish in the new year.
- Love better
- Stop and smell the roses and by that I mean putting down my phone:)
- More breathing and water
I think that these all apply to Ghinda as well as my personal life because the good energy I take and in and put out gets breathed through our little studio!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!
When asked to contribute my new year's resolutions for this post, I was immediately excited. Then terrified. But as I wrote them down I feel relieved to have goals that will only make me better and can't wait to see them come to fruition.
- Read more; Sounds simple, right? I relax My goal is to turn everything off in my brain, stop wasting energy, and focus on one amazing story at a time. I'm even giving up Netflix for a month! I seriously can't even wait.
- Work less / live more; I work a lot. My days get a little blurry sometimes, and I miss out on some basics...Like jokes and taking a walk, for example. Just kidding. But really, though, who has time for that? I will in 2015.
- Get to know our brides better; We have had some truly amazing women come through our doors over my last year and a half with Ghinda. Oftentimes they're off to wedded bliss in just 6-10 months. I regret not taking more time to inquire about the projects they may be working on or the trips they are planning. Our brides truly make our brand, and have taught us much about being awesome, independent women as well as how love and beauty differ, but are still perfect in every way. I just adore that and I can't wait to learn more.
- Work more confidently; I am constantly second guessing myself and the projects I'm working on. Even with support from the Ghinda team, I never think the end result will be good enough, and I let that fear hinder my vision. Bummer, right? I resolve to be less fearful when an idea strikes, all in an effort to put the very best of me into this brand I believe so much in.
Kelley is the newest addition to the Ghinda team! Here are her New Years resolutions.
- Be healthier: my new years resolutions are much like everyone else's in that i want to eat better and join a gym that offers a variety of classes.
- Spend/Save Wisely: After an eventful 2014 including graduating from college i want to work on budgeting and put money into savings.
- Plan A Trip: I want to go to somewhere i haven't been before!
Kelly also shared a great article with me, you can read it here.
I love setting goals. Goal setting is a consistent part of my daily life. Typically I like to write down all of my goals no matter how big or small in my to-do list so that it's always there even with all of the small things I need to do like buy milk and pick up computer paper. Keeping my goals next to things I already need to do means that I see them more often and that they are always on my mind. Another thing that I like to do is vocalize my goals to my friends and family, letting them know what my goals are and seeing them get excited for me is something that drives me, and if I forget about a goal I had, they may bring it up and remind me. Although I come up with new goals and resolutions all the time, New Years is especially fun because you get a chance to reflect on where you were a year ago, and you get to see how far you've come. Here are my resolutions for 2015
- Stop Comparing: It's so easy to compare yourself to your peers in school, and your friends and coworkers. Someone is always going to be better than you are at something, but it doesn't mean that you aren't great at what you do too!
- Take Time For Myself: Between school, work and all of the other responsibilities of life it's often hard to focus on what it is that you need. Taking time to go for a walk, paint your nails, cook yourself dinner, or read a couple chapters from a good book are all little things that I know I can do to feel like I'm doing things for myself.
- Obsess about my Craft: My free time usually goes to netflix, long showers and my friends, but using some of my free time to really dive into fashion design, writing and business by reading books, watching fashion shows and documentaries are really helpful ways to take the time that I have now to learn even more about the things that I love.
- Get to know you! The Ghinda audience! Our blog readers! I am so interested in bringing our brides and our just-for-fun readers inspirational, engaging content, have an idea for a blog post? write it in a comment!
Kathryn only had one goal for the new year but it was by far my favorite!
- Be More Like Jen! Today in the studio a 7 year old girl from Jen's church came in to take a tour of Ghinda, seeing a hopeful designer from the next generation look up to Jen as much as we all do was adorable- and completely inspiring!