The Destination Project: Why A Destination Wedding May Be Perfect For You
Something you may not know about Ghinda is that originally it was created to cater to the destination bride. Although not all of our brides are destination brides, something they all have in common is that their dress was custom made for them in order to be inspired by their personal style and the style of their wedding. Our brides are unique. They want something that is beautiful, easy to wear, chic and completely representative of them, so being inspired by destination brides was completely natural. We're starting a series here on the Ghinda blog to inform you all about destination brides, designing a destination bridal gown, and giving you advice from real destination brides on how to settle on the perfect location and what the ups and downs are when planning a wedding abroad.
Today we're talking about why a destination wedding may be right up your alley. Here are our top five reasons why you may want to consider searching for the perfect backdrop for your wedding somewhere new.
- There is somewhere for everyone. Destination weddings are fantastic because there is a perfect destination for everyone. Whether you desire the postcard worthy beaches in Hawaii or a romantic Mediterranean escape in Sicily, there is a place for you and your loved ones to say your "I do's."
- Where there is one beautiful adventure, another is close behind. Maybe you decide you want to have your wedding in Paris. The good news is, after the wedding plenty of neighboring countries such as London, Switzerland, Amsterdam and Florence aren't too far away. Traveling once you're out of the country becomes much cheaper. When you travel for your wedding you open yourself up to the possibility of being able to experience new places and cultures with your partner. Even if you decide to stay in the same location you had your wedding, you certainly won't be left disappointed. And where better to explore than the land you made your vows on?
- Less Planning. When you decide to have a destination wedding you may want to look into packages resorts offer for weddings. Often resorts offer a beautiful assortment of packages to couples looking into getting married which means less planning and more savings for you. The trick with a wedding further from home is that a lot of choices have to be made days before the wedding, but a wedding planner along with the staff at your resort or hotel should be very helpful in ironing out the details. Just make sure to plan ahead as much as possible and keep your information organized with phone numbers, dates, costs and websites all in a place that's small enough to keep on hand and easy to write in.
- Your ideal guests will be there. Let's face it, a very hard part of the wedding is worrying about how many people to invite. Sometimes costs are so high you may only invite selected guests to your reception which may leave you feeling worried about who to invite and who not to invite. Worrying about who to invite and not invite is a general worry as it is. The list just keeps growing, if you invite one coworker do you need to invite them all? Suddenly you're digging up your high school year book and considering inviting people you don't even talk to anymore or so-and-so's girlfriend who has to have a vegan, gluten-free menu option and a place to keep her dog. Having a wedding abroad means that you can limit the amount of guests that come to the wedding with much more understanding, and chances are the people who can make it are exactly the people who you wanted to be there. If a few key guests are having financial difficulty making it to your special day, chances are you'll be in a much better spot to help them because you won't be feeding 250 guests a three course menu with unlimited bar.
- The stunning backdrop! Of course! One of the biggest reasons to travel for your wedding day has to be to have it in a beautiful location! As we said before, no matter where you choose to have your wedding, you'll be sure to have a great time. If you can, plan to go at least a few days early to finalize the details for your wedding and hopefully enjoy some quality down time with your loved ones.
We hope this blog may have given you some helpful insight about destination weddings. As we continue this series we hope you'll join along. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about destination weddings and designing wedding gowns for them!